Wednesday, October 20, 2010

One Chapter Ends...

      Monday, October 18th, 2010, I put in my 1250 hours at the Altoona Beauty School, meaning it was time for me to GRADUATE!! As i drove to school Monday morning, i instantly thought back, 9 months earlier when i was driving to Altoona Beauty School to start the new chapter in my life. I remember leaving my new apartment, scared as ever, with a big hole in my stomach with butterflies filling it up! Behind me driving was my older sister Julieann, she stayed over at my new apartment with me the night before and to get me off on my way for my first day. Well of course, nothing in life goes as planned and on my first day of school we had a 2 hour delay! so i couldn't sleep all night because of nerves and now i have to wait 2 more hours till i get to even go to school.
      When it was finally time to go, i hugged my sister bye and got into my car i instantly started to cry. I wasn't sad in any way, i was more so scared, scared about if i was going to make friends, if people would like me, and if this really was the 'perfect' choice for me. I was Scared and nervous about this new journey i was about to embark on and make my career with. Half way to the school, my phone started ringing, and it was Julieann calling me. With a shaky tearful voice i said hello, and the voice on the other end sounded just as shaky and tearful. I asked Julieann why she was cryng? she just said that she was so proud of me for doing what i wanted to do, and couldn't believe how brave i was for stepping out of the "Jenna Serafin Norm" and starting this new school, by myself, all i could think about was how i wanted to turn around and go back home.....
     Now about 9.5 months later i couldn't be happier with my decision to go to Cosmetology school. There i learned the basics to what i have to do to start my career, Not only did my time there reassure me that this is what i want to do, but i also met some of the best people there. That's what made October 18th so hard for me, more of a bittersweet graduation. I'm glad that now i can go take my tests and get into a salon and do what i love to do and be in a environment that actually makes me happy, but  those girls and teachers that became my best friends, that I was around 8-4 every single day for 9 months, i wont get to see hardly that is the toughest part.
     The greatest feeling was that my family( my biggest cheerleaders) were all front row to watch me graduate from something that they know i love and that i am truly happy doing. Knowing that not only i know i love doing hair, but that other people can see that i am happy, makes it even better. Now that this one chapter in my life has ended i know that i've got a fantastic base for the future in the cosmetology field, and that the memories there made it all worth while..

"Love What You Do".

No comments:

Post a Comment